DONATIONS SO FAR

So far, we've raised $875 toward our $1,000 goal!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Looming

23 days until marathon day! What!?


This is going to be us... though I don't think they hold up a banner and take a picture of those of us who do not finish in the top 10... This is the mens 2008 winner, Halefom Abebe of ETHIOPIA!!! Where else!?

And tomorrow, Dan and I run 20 miles! That will be the longest we run until the marathon. I cannot believe it's tomorrow. The big 20 has been looming in the distance for months now, and it's almost here.

I'm not going to lie. It will be nice to be a marathon finisher instead of a marathon trainee. I'm so nervous about the marathon. I keep having mara-nightmares in which I cannot find the finish line, don't make it to the starting line in time, never finish, get hurt, die... It's ridiculous.

But at least I'm not Daniel, who as of today is now working 2 jobs, finishing up his last 4 weeks of undergraduate education, and training for a marathon all at once. (And he is still finding the time to be an amazing boyfriend, too! What a guy!)


Money Talk:

We are SO excited about the money coming in! If you are still wanting to donate, you still have time. Send in those checks. There are also plenty of shopping bags left for anyone who donates $25 or more! Check HERE for details. I know there are some of you who've said you wanted to donate, but still haven't. So I guess I'm talking to you. You know who you are. ;)


FUN:

Here are some fun links about the CIM course. Check them out.

And here is a picture of us at a Halloween party... which we attended after running 17 miles earlier that day. :)



Much love to you all!

Racing for the Kid,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment