DONATIONS SO FAR

So far, we've raised $875 toward our $1,000 goal!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

AH!

Hey!

If all works out as planned, a week from right now we will officially be marathon finishers.

I am so stinking nervous.
I am also excited.
I am also relieved that it's almost over... it's been hard.
I am excited to "work out like a normal person."

Daniel and I had an amazing Thanksgiving with his family. Today we drove the first part of the course when we were driving back to school and when we crossed the starting line in the car Daniel turned to me and said, "I have butterflys." O my gosh, so did I. Totally nervous. There are going to be so many fierce people there! I'm afraid of making a mistake or... not finishing.

Anyway. It's coming. Fast.

The lovely Becky posted about Dan and I today on her blog. She put up a pic of me from 8th grade when she was my volley ball coach. I forgive her. Haha! I was relieved that is was a picture from AFTER I started managing my eyebrows. Very sweet post! We love you Becky and Mark. Check it out here.

Money Talk: I know some of you are still planning on donating, and you have time. You don't have to have it postmarked by a certain time or anything. Just send it my way when you get a chance.

Here's some fun pics from the course tour.













Definitely scared of being in the porta potty when the gun goes off.














This will be Dan and I...














Daunting! THE WALL at 20 miles.














We'll be running RIGHT behind our church on this stretch. We're not the only ones missing church for the CIM, though. City Life is such a hip church like that.














I was bummed when I found out Dan and I won't be crossing the finish line together. To make up for it, we finished our 20 mile run hand-in-hand... SO cheesey, but SO worth it. He's the most amazing running partner (and boyfriend) ever!


Racing for the Kid,
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. This is a very beautiful gesture of love... May The Lord bless you bountifully for your generosity... may your investment of love be returned to you 100 fold in the Name of Yeshua! AMEN

    ReplyDelete